Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First things First

   So I have been rearranging my room for some time now. Little by little I have moved things around since my brother moved out. I still have a lot of work ahead of me because i have to build a small closet and seal the walls from leaking. I live in the basement so its not such a big deal that it leaks when the water table gets high, except that my stuff tends to get wet and my brother ruined a lot of stuff of mine.
   Anyway after we drylock the basement again I want to paint it a nice shade of burnt orange and do the trim in a nice chocolate brown, about the same shade as my husbands eyes. After I get that closet finished and everything painted I can put clothing where it goes and move my chairs around to where I have a good sitting area. And then of course there are the windows that we are going to unboard, clean, and seal with silicone. I will need to get a good set of curtains and a good curtain rod. Also there is my altar... I am not sure where to put it. I guess I will just have to see where is free after all the renovating. Its a lot to do to, but it needs done. I want my mini home to look good. I need to go thru all my stuff and reorganize everything anyway.
      I also need to finish a lot of projects and get rid of unneeded and unwanted junk. I want to get some command strips and hang pictures. I need to make Daniel a nice photo album for all his pics that we just don't have anywhere for them to go. I hate to say it but I really don't want to hang a bunch of photos of people we don't like up or people I don't know in my home. I hope he understands, maybe he will. Things are going to work out and look good. Its just going to take time like usual. But first things first, I need to build that closet so I can put clothes up. I don't know how long it will be before we are able to seal the basement, but getting the stuff for the closet won't cost much.
     Until then there are always other things I can do. For instance I can clean out my junk, I can work on my BOS, I can make myself a temporary altar, and I can probably go ahead and clean and seal the windows too.I have some curtains that will work for now. And letting some light into the basement won't be such a bad thing. It will help me get my sleeping schedule back in order since I wont be able to sleep during the day with all that light coming in. And I won't get my days and nights confused with having windows. I can clean my little outdoor area and make it look good out there. I can work on my sewing and crocheting and a million other projects that I have put on the back burner. Hell before I know it Fall will be here and cooler days right behind it. And I will be busy, busy, busy, this fall between school, Sabbats, hopefully work, and holiday stuff. Maybe I should get to work, since there really is so much to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment