Saturday, August 18, 2012

Surprise, Surprise....

    You know it never fails to surprise me at how many problems I come across daily, or how little things can get so easily in my way. Last night when I went to erect my altar I ran into a few problems. One, I have no idea where to put it. You see my room is rather crowded with my (and my husbands) stuff. Two, my room floods when it rains and the water table in high enough. I currently live in the basement of my friends house. Its not so bad considering I have learned to not leave anything important near the floor or flooding areas. But alas where should I put my altar. I want it where I will have easy access to it and my husband won't accidentally mess with it.
    I have a few ideas of where I could put in but a few of them would require me to rearrange my room. I sure my loving husband would be against that though. I have made him help me rearrange it a few times already. And one of the places will be out of the question once I get the stuff to build the closet we desperately need. In the end I believe I will put my altar where I originally wanted it, under the stairway. I just need to move a few things and set it up where it won't be bothered. There is enough room that I can have my candles under there and if I hang mirrors on the underside of the stairway it will reflect the light. I can even hang pictures and stuff. Its a really good idea I think.
    I am even more excited now. There are so many things I could do to the space to make it even more magickal. I could get a wood burning tool and decorate my altar or even make me a new altar table. I could embroider an altar cloth or even paint the table and under the stairs. There are just so many wonderful options. I may even just paint the entire room, after we get the flooding problem fixed of course.  I was thinking of doing it a dark midnight blue and accenting everything in silver and silvery blue. I could do the room in a night sky/Goddess theme. I think this may work really well for my bedroom and altar space.  Especially since I want to do my Kitchen eventually in harvest colors and pumpkins, and have the harvest theme throughout the house. Most of this will have to wait until Daniel and I finally get a home of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment